Dancing to Your Own Tune?
DANCING TO YOUR OWN TUNE?
- working abnormally long hours?
- taking work home?
- distracted on weekends?
- little or no time for yourself?
- neglecting family and friends?
YOU ARE NOT DANCING TO YOUR OWN TUNE! YOU ARE DANCING TO SOMEONE ELSE’S!
Saddest of all is that, in spite of your “dedication” to the job/sacrifices you still:
- fight fires all the time?
- regularly forget important things?
- often have to do things over again?
- regularly arrive late for appointments/meetings – or not at all…?
- have to re-schedule events all the time?
- regularly disappoint/frustrate the people around you?
- spend too little time on important things and too much time on unimportant things?
- have days go by without accomplishing enough?
Who/what is making demands on/managing your time?
- needy subordinates?
- irate clients?
- uninvited visitors?
- unfiltered phone calls?
- unscheduled “emergency” meetings?
- social media?
You need to take charge and start managing your own time!
- Get your priorities right!
- Learn to say “NO”
- Acquire a “To Do” app and learn how to use it
- Acquire a “Diary/Datebook/Calendar” app and learn how to use it
- Enter every task / appointment into the “To Do” / “Diary” apps immediately and appropriately
- Schedule times for phone calls, e-mails and social media!
- Refer to the above REGULARLY!
- Stick to the “plan”!
Reflect on this:
- IF YOU DON’T MANAGE YOUR TIME SOMEBODY ELSE WILL…
- Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pitifully Poor Performance (7P’s)
- Go Slow to Go Fast…
- The way we live our days, is the way we live our lives
- You will never find time for anything. You must make it
- The secret to my future is hidden in my daily routine…
- Planning is editing the future
- Plan ahead to get ahead
- One of these days is none of these days
- “A schedule defends from chaos and whim” – Annie Dillard
- “When a man has not a good reason for doing a thing, he has one good reason for letting it alone” – Thomas Scott
- I MUST DO THE MOST PRODUCTIVE THING POSSIBLE AT EVERY GIVEN MOMENT
START DANCING TO YOUR OWN TUNE NOW!
Did you enjoy reading this post? Subscribe below to get weekly Real Reminders from Smart@Vance – Because it takes more than money to succeed!