Feeling Like an Emotional Wreck?
Ready to burst out crying or attack someone?
It is unusual for you but now you feel on edge, frail, vulnerable, insecure…
What could be the cause?
- Been drinking more than usual lately?
- Fooling around with non-prescription drugs?
- Not eating healthy?
- People drama in your life right now?
- Stressed out by looming deadlines?
- Feeling financial pressure due to higher holiday expenses?
THIS IS A POTENTIALLY VERY DANGEROUS STATE TO BE IN!
- This time of the year many other people are experiencing exactly the same emotions…
- Under the thin layer of “holiday euphoria” lurks a hostility that is threatening to manifest itself at any moment e.g. it does not take much to trigger road rage …
- You could become a victim of your own or someone else’s indiscretion
- Striking out and causing serious injury
- Hurting a loved one emotionally
- Saying/doing things that cannot be rectified
- , etc., etc.…
SOME GOOD PEOPLE WILL NEVER LIVE DOWN THE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES OF POOR DECISIONS MADE OR RECKLESS ACTIONS TAKEN DURING THIS TIME OF EMOTIONAL INSTABILITY…
Take practical steps to manage your emotions!
- Eat and drink right
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid potentially provocative/dangerous situations
- Remove or manage the sources of stress
- Avoid stressed out people
- Be philosophical about the deadlines: “What is the worst that can happen if they are not met?” “Is that so bad?”
- Control your expenses and/or make timely provision!
Reflect on this:
- Anger is one letter away from danger
- The size of a man is determined by what makes him mad
- Wherever You Are, Be There!
- The cyclone derives its powers from a calm centre. So does a person
Did you enjoy reading this post? Subscribe below to get weekly Real Reminders from Smart@Vance – Because it takes more than money to succeed!