IN CONTROL? OR NOT!?
Have you suffered some significant challenges recently?
- Family disaster
- Natural disaster
- Business setback
- Health setback
- Personnel problems
- Legal problems
Are you still IN CONTROL OR NOT? Are you:
- threatening to spin out of control?
- unsure about what to do next – what to touch or leave well alone?
- disoriented – cannot find the information you stored, etc.
- distracted, playing one brain dead computer game after another?
- scared of confrontation?
- dizzy / nauseous / blurred vision?
- threatening to “log out” mentally?
YOU HAVE TO STAY IN CONTROL, NO MATTER WHAT!
Why? Because lingering in this state could:
- lead to an extended slump
- be the undoing of much good work
- cause a permanent loss of confidence
- What worries you, masters you…
- Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind… To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better – King Whitney Jr.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Fear is the fuel to your success and failure.… the difference is embracing it, or running from it
You have to “get back on the horse” right away!
- Find perspective
- Chill out
- Refocus your energy
Reflect on this:
- Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are – Bertolt Brecht
- The future of reality is seldom as bad as the future of our fears
- The most drastic and usually the most effective remedy for fear is direct action
- The path to success is to take massive, determined action
- Worry is a misuse of imagination – Dan Zadra
- Use your imagination not to scare yourself to death but to inspire yourself to life – Adele Brookman
- It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head – Sally Kempton
- If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Did you enjoy reading this post? Subscribe below to get weekly Real Reminders from Smart@Vance – Because it takes more than money to succeed!