Slow Sales a Problem or Not?
- Sales numbers down?
- Sales volume down?
- Sales coming through late?
- Orders “pending”/deliveries suspended?
- Order cancellations/sizes reduced?
- Few new enquiries?
SHOULD YOU WORRY?
It IS a problem if:
- Your sales team’s morale is low
- Your activity level is poor (waiting for clients to approach you, not cultivating existing clients, etc.)
- You are not trying new, innovative things
- The opposition is doing better than you are (relatively)…
YOU SHOULD GET BUSY!
It is NOT a problem if:
- Your sales team’s morale is good
- Your activity level is high enough (seeing prospects, cultivating existing clients, etc.)
- You are trying new, innovative things all the time (innovative marketing, product development, etc.)
- You haven’t lost market share to the opposition
- You are aware of certain external influences affecting sales – for now… (pending legislation, industry specific developments, slumping business confidence, time of the year, etc.)
YOU SHOULD STAY STRONG:
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant – Robert Louis Stevenson
- Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted – Albert Einstein
- Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance
Stay busy with the things you know you should be doing. Things will come right…suddenly…quicker than you expect!
EVERY TIME YOU SUCCESSFULLY SURVIVE A SALES SLUMP IT POSITIONS YOU BETTER THAN THOSE THAT DID NOT!
Did you enjoy reading this post? Subscribe below to get weekly Real Reminders from Smart@Vance – Because it takes more than money to succeed!