- Not returning important calls?
- Out-of-control e-mails?
- Chaotic workplace/-space?
- Poor/risky stock control?
- Unsafe money handling disciplines?
- Neglected team?
- Behind on important paperwork?
- Not planning your movements/activities?
- No time for yourself?
CANNOT GET TIME TO MAKE TIME?
A bad place to be!
BREAK THE CYCLE!
- Put EVERY SINGLE THING that needs to be done, GREAT AND SMALL, on a similar size piece of paper
- Take out all the urgent (not necessarily important) things to be done
- Arrange these from most important to least important
- Starting from the top: Quickly decide who can do this for you and pass it on. DO IT! THERE IS SOMEONE! Even if you quickly need to instruct/teach them. (You won’t need too next time!)
- Arrange the rest of the pieces of paper into priority groups (high, medium, low)
- Arrange each priority group from most important (not necessarily urgent) to least important task
- Start with the most important task in the high priority group and work your way down
- REPEAT STEP 4 with EACH task!
REMEMBER: YOUR PRIMARY FUNCTION IS TO TRAIN, NOT TO DO!
- It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it
- None of us is as smart as all of us
- “When a man is wrapped up in himself, he makes a pretty small package.” – John Ruskin
- “If you wish your merit to be known, acknowledge that of other people.” – Oriental Proverb
- No man is an island…
- “It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others.” – John Andrew Holmes
- Training team members is one of the best investments you can make
- You have to engage team members to keep them happy…
STOP THE BOAT – PRIORITISE – ENTRUST!
Go slow to go fast!