- Always in the “opponent’s” shadow?
- Regularly missing the target / goal / mark?
- Performance / workmanship often substandard?
- Plans often don’t work out?
- Often walking a legal tightrope – risking fines, sanctions, judgements, etc.
- Regular breakdowns (ignoring maintenance schedules, etc.)
- Partners, colleagues, subordinates, superiors frustrated with you
- Always having to make excuses, explain yourself, etc.?
WHY? ARE YOU:
- Taking shortcuts?
- Trying to do everything yourself?
- Not in touch with reality / not facing the truth / not “pulling it all in”?
- Taking unnecessary risks?
- Careless / reckless / irresponsible?
- Blasé / don’t care?
OR DO YOU:
- Not do enough research / consultation?
- Not plan well enough? 7p’s?
- Easily get distracted?
- Have poor stick-to-itiveness?
- Lack focus
- Have periods of non sobriety?
REFLECT ON THIS:
- Sometimes doing your best just isn’t good enough. Sometimes you have to DO WHAT IS REQUIRED – Winston Churchill
- Almost Isn’t Good Enough – Wayne Elsey
- Good is the enemy of great – Jim Collins
- If better is possible, good is not enough!
- It takes less time to do things right that to explain why you did it wrong – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation – Charles Kettering
- Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored – Aldous Huxley
- Never grow a wishbone … where your backbone ought to be… – Clementine Paddleford
- It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable – Moliere
I LIVE MY LIFE AS AN EXCLAMATION NOT AN EXPLANATION
Did you enjoy reading this post? Subscribe below to get weekly Real Reminders from [email protected] – Because it takes more than money to succeed!